Sheridans 8th Annual Irish Food Festival
We are celebrating the best of Irish food with the biggest and best Irish food festival yet
Sunday 28th May 2017, Co. Meath
Sheridans Cheesemongers will host its eighth Irish food festival on Sunday 28th May, from 10am to 6pm, at our Virginia Road Station Headquarters in Co. Meath.
We will be bringing together great Irish food producers and our customers for a big family day out.
We will have over 100 of Irelands greatest food producers as well as workshops and family entertainment, as thousands of visitors descend on the small townsland of Pottlereagh in North Co Meath which have made our home since 2007.
Our Festival has become one of the biggest days in the Iirsh Food calender. We try to make the day really special by having a great variety of genuine Irish food producers from across the country.
The atmosphere is relaxed with live music, lots of kids fun, workshops and of cource the most incredible display of Irish food you will ever see.
The festival includes:
- Sheridans own marquee –showcasing our own products which we have developed in partnership with Irish food producers.
- One-hundred food stalls – buy and sample products, meet the producers. With everything from farmhouse cheeses to home-baked desserts, wild food preserves to locally milled flour, to butchers, meat curers and cider-makers.
- Boyne Valley Food Series Marquee – Our local food producers will be coming together to showcase the great food that the Boyne Valley has to offer.
- Burren Food on Tour – we will have a special area for the food producers of the Burren who travelling on mass to take part in the Festival.
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on site with hot and prepared food offerings; including rare breed pig sausages, curries, barbeque grill, crepes and more.
- Free children’s entertainment, live jazz music and traditional fair games.
- Farm animal zone, where children get to meet and learn about farm animals with Agri Aware Mobile Farm and Maperath Farm.
- Kids WorkshopsWe will be running Kids Workshops with food producers. Places are limited, please arrive 10 minutes prior to workshop commencing. The schedule is as follows:
12pm: Baking with Bakealicious
1.30pm: Baa Baa – All about sheeps milk with Velvet Cloud
3pm: Making Butter with Crawford’s Farm
4.30pm: Baking Bread with Seamus Sheridan
- producers attending:
Achill Island Sea Salt, Aran Islands Goats Cheese, Argentino Grill, Armelle’s Kitchen, Bakealicious, Ballymaloe Foods, Barry John Gourmet Sausages, Bia Ganbreise Teo., Big Hand Brewing Company Ltd, Big Red Kitchen, Bluebell Falls Ltd, Bowl a Granola, Boyne Brewhouse, Boyne Valley Farmhouse Cheese, Bru Brewery, Burren Smokehouse, Burren Kitchen Garden, Burkes Farm Ice Cream, Cabots Foods of Westport Ltd, Cashel Irish Farmhouse Cheese, Caiste Milis, Ceile, Charlene’s Wholesome Pantry, Cockagee, Coole Swan, Coolea Farmhouse Cheese, Corlegggy Cheeses, Cratloe Hills Sheeps Cheese, Crawford’s Farm, Crepes in the City, Daisy Cottage Farm, De -Lish Donuts, Delish Melish, Derg Farmhouse Cheese, Dinky Donuts, Dunany Flour Organic, Durrus Farmhouse Cheese, Fia Choille Teo, Fiona’s Nutterly Nutritious, Fitzpatrick’s Gourmet Ketchup, Floods Butchers, Gaelic Escargot, Gibney’s Garden Preserves, Grain Lane Foods Ltd, Green Saffron Spices, Harmony Vale Produce, Harvest Moon Foods Ltd, Highbank Orchards, Hilda’s Homemades, Hyland Brewing Company, Jack Cody’s Brewery, Kearns Foods Limited, Keogh’s Farm, Kilbeggan Handmade Chocolate Ltd, Killeen Farmhouse Cheese, Killyconny House Preserves, Kimchimera, Lisnamulligan Farm Produce, Linnalla Icecream, Llewellyn’s Orchard, Long Lane Pantry, Lough Owel Organic Farm, Loving Salads, Lubdub Foods Limited, Maoil Rua Chemical-free Farm, Mary-Ellen’s Meadow, McCarthy Butchers, Mella’s Fudge, Mick the Knife, Mikes Fancy Cheese, Moran’s Megajam Ltd, Naturally Cordial, Newgrange Gold, O’Clerigh Brewing Company, Once upon a Thai, On the Pig’s Back, O’Reilly Nurseries, Organic Herb Company, Regale Biscuit Company Ltd., Rogan’s Smokehouse, Rosie’s Home Bakes, Ryans Farm, Sabanero Cheese, Sally’s Homemade Bakes ‘N’ Cakes, San Pasqual Sweets and Pastries, St Tola Goat’s Cheese, Sunflower Knits, Take the Cake, The Apple Farm of Tipperary, The Foods of Athenry, The Little Milk Company, The Proper Chocolate Company, The Sizzling Chilli, The Snacktastic Food Company, The Wooded Pig, Tullyard Farm, Urban Indian, Velvet Cloud, Vintage Flair, What’s for Pudding?, Wild about, Wild Irish Foragers, Wild Liquers Ltd, Wilkies Chocolate
Have a look at how our 2015 Food Festival went.
Video Courtesy of our very own Darryl Murphy.
The festival formes part of the Boyne Valley Food Series, a calendar of 45 events and festivals spanning May to September arranged by 50 food businesses in the Boyne Valley region.
For more information on the Boyne Valley Food Series click here