- 1kg potatoes,
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 thick rashers of smoked streaky bacon, diced 1.5”
- Rapeseed oil
- ½ glass Eight Degrees Barefoot Bohemian Pilsner.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350g Durrus cheese, wipe the rind with a damp cloth, and dice the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 5.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Boil for 3-5 mins. Drain.
- In a large heavy pan heat a good splash of rapeseed oil. Fry the potatoes lightly
- Add the diced bacon and onion. Cook until the bacon has begun to crisp.
- Add the pilsner, stir and then add the cubed cheese
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Choose an ovenproof earthenware dish and rub it well with the halves of garlic and some rapeseed oil. Empty the contents of the pan into the dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and begun to crisp.
- You can also add some thick spinach, chard or asparagus along with the cheese.