Sheridans Cheesemongers will host it’s 10th Irish food festival on Sunday May 26th , from 10am-6pm, at our Virginia Road Station Headquarters in Co. Meath.
Our festival began in 2009 as a gathering of our suppliers and has grown into one of the biggest food events of the year. We’ll have over 100 of Ireland’s greatest food producers as well as workshops and family entertainment for our 7,000+ visitors. While we have grown a lot since 2009, we keep the festival casual, fun, and family friendly.
This year, we highlight the many producers from across Ulster, Connacht, Leinster, and Munster that make up the diverse food culture of our island. The ethos of the festival is simple: only Irish food on the tables, and only producers behind the tables. We implement strict Irish origin only guidelines and insist the producers themselves run their stalls. By doing this and keeping the cost of the stalls to a minimum, we attract many small genuine Irish food producers who you wouldn’t normally see at markets and fairs around the country.
Children are always central to the Festival and we have a series of workshops for the next generation of Irish food lovers. This year, we have legendary food producer and author Olivia Goodwillie running three Children’s workshops with themes focusing on wheat, dairy, and vegetables.
Entry €5, children free, Free parking, free children’s entertainment & workshops
Stay tuned for Sheridans Irish Food Festival news on Facebook
Interested in becoming a Irish Food Vendor at the Sheridans Festival? Apply HERE
The festival includes:
- Over 100 food stalls – buy and sample products, meet the producers. With everything from farmhouse cheeses to home-baked desserts, wild food preserves to locally milled flour, to butchers, meat curers, bee keepers, and cider-makers.
- Boyne Valley Food Series Marquee – Our local producers come together to showcase the great food that the Boyne Valley has to offer.
- Slow Food Ireland
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on site with hot and prepared food offerings; including rare breed pork sausages, curries, barbeque grill, crepes and more.
- Free children’s entertainment, we always have a play area for kids with bouncy castles and slides, and kids workshops that are absolutely free. Parents can sit back and enjoy the food while the kids bounce about.
- Mobile Animal Farm – meet and greet with our favorite farm animals.
- Live music, we will have family friendly bands sending out soothing Sunday afternoon tunes.
- Kids Workshops with author and food producer Olivia Goodwillie. Her workshops will be based on her books, teaching children about where their food comes from and how it’s made. Kids will have fun getting their hands dirty by making bread, butter, and working with vegetables in her wonderful tutorials.
The festival formes part of the Boyne Valley Food Series, a calendar of 45 events and festivals spanning May to September arranged by 50 food businesses in the Boyne Valley region.
For more information on the Boyne Valley Food Series click here
CONFIRMED FOOD STALLS for 2019
Big Red Kitchen, Boyne Valley Farmhouse Cheese, Coole Swan, Hilda’s Homemades, Newgrange, The Wooded Pig, Urban Indian, What’s for Pudding? Boann distillery, Cockagee, Dunany Flour Organic, Harmony Vale Produce, Vintage Flair, Carrickfern Honey, Chanchan, De-Lish Donuts, Grain Lane Foods Ltd, Hugh Maguire, Keogh’s Farm, Miena, Naturally Cordial, Bernas Dressing, Llewellyns Orchard, Argentino Grill, Armelle’s Kitchen, Boska Bakery, Daisy Cottage Farm, Genovese, HIGHBANK Orchards, Jimmy Spiral Spuds, John Rogan, Kilbeggan Chocolate, Kimchimera, KO kombucha, Lough Owel Organic Farm, Pure Food Company, RYANS FARM, Tara Hill Honey, The Art of Coffee, The Birds and the Teas, The Proper Chocolate Company, Wild Irish Foragers, Wild About, Janet’s, Wicklow Cheese, The Proper Chocolate Company, Merci Bocoup, Homespun Foods, Floods Butchers, Gaelic escargot, Killyconny House Preserves, Vegan Kitchen
Charlene’s Wholesome Pantry, Erne Larder Preserves, Irish Black butter, Ispini Charcuterie, Sheskin Smoked Salmon, Bridge Field Farm, Crepes in the City, Gibney’s Garden Preserves, O Cleirigh Brewing Co, Ballylisk Cheese, BARRY JOHN SAUSAGES, BURREN BALSAMIC, Fitzpatrick’s Gourmet Ketchup, The Fluffy Meringue, SeaSugar Handmade Confectionery
McCarthys Meats, Coolea Farmhouse Cheese, CRATLOE HILLS SHEEPS CHEESE, Magic Mayan Chocolate, The Sea Gardener, ST. TOLA, Feighery’s Farm – beet juice, Hegartys Cheese Marco Crisps, Mella’s Fudge, Mezze, Owen and Mimi Crawford, Regale Biscuit Company Ltd. The Little Milk Company, Cashel Irish Farmhouse Cheese makers, Toons Bridge dairy, Carrigaline Farmhouse Cheese, Cooleeney, Durrus, Noo. WASi
Gran Grans Foods, Fia Choille Teo WILD WOOD, ROCKFIELD Dairy, Ardsallagh Goats Cheese Harvest Moon Foods Ltdr, Healthy Treats Kitchen, Killeen Cheese
O’Reilly Nurseries, Tribal Foods, TurtleandHare Gluten free Bakery and Patisserie