Serves 6 – 8
- 230g Biscuits (we used Cookies of Character Choc Chip & Hazelnut from Dunmanway)
- 100g Butter
- Put the biscuits in a zip loc bag and the crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat.
- Transfer the Biscuit crumb to a mixing bowl and blend with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture in to the bottom of a 9” ringform tin, and put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
For the cheese mix:
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 300g Quark
- 180ml Cream
- Punnet Strawberries (stalks removed and mashed)
- Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 14g Sachet Gelatine
- 50ml Hot water
- Blend the gelatine and water.
- Blend all other ingredients with an electric whisk thoroughly (approx 2 mins max).
- Then stir in the gelatine.
- Pour the mixture over the chilled biscuit base and smooth with a spatula.
Strawberry Coulis (to blend through – optional)
- Punnet Strawberries
- Heaped Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- Remove stalks and mash the strawberries, blend with sugar, and simmer, stirring regularly for 5 – 10 mins.
- This can then be forked / swirled through the cheesecake mix to create ripples.
- Decorate the top of the cheese cake with Strawberries and whipped cream or cream cheese.